Re: Response to appeal from John Klensin dated 13-Jun-2008

2008-07-07 17:43:17

IESG Secretary wrote:
> The IESG received an appeal from John Klensin dated June 13, 2008.
> This is a response to that appeal.
>
> 1. The appeal asked for the IESG to approve RFC2821bis. The
> IESG came to consensus that the use of non-example domain names
> should not prevent publication of RFC2821bis, even though the IESG
> finds this practice can cause harm. The arguments made in public
> list discussion of the appeal have been a factor in the IESG being
> able to come to consensus on this point.

Quick poll:

John has said to me that he's always been willing to change the
non-example domain names to 2606 example domain names.

Now that the appeal is done and out of the way, do people prefer

1) none of the domain names be changed?
2) all domain names be changed, except Jon Postel's isi.edu and usc.edu