Re: retry question

2008-08-06 15:29:19

SM wrote:

The landscape has changed since then. I doubt you would be able to do the above in today's mail environment.

Well, I am from the school of thought that automation typically evolves from the user or system manual or interactive needs to do tedious or redundant things - well automated. Today's mail environment has not fundamentally changed in atleast 20-25 years. The last industry revamp was what? Late 80's and that was mostly in changing formats - same basic framework and ideas, just a new standard everyone can use. In fact, I will suggest that the pendulum is once again shifting towards centralization which is once again fueling a market for automated frontend tools for users.

Lets just say there are advantages for some if you keep thinking that way. :-)

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com