Re: 2821bis AUTH48 fix (?)

2008-08-13 17:31:48

Tony Hansen wrote:

It would be nice if people kept using "DATA response" to mean the response to the "DATA" command, and used something like "DOT-CRLF response" (or ".CRLF response") to mean the response to the .CRLF ending the data stream.

We should come up with a fixed definition.

In the specs, there are numerous references to:

     "end of data" data indicator
     "end of mail data"

So why not <EOD> Reply code ?

We could also use "payload" which is quite often used in data communications. (I prefer payload).

Even EOT (End of Transmission) is possible as in <EOT> character(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOD
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/payload
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOD

--