Re: RFC 3207 STARTTLS

2008-10-23 12:01:41

--On Thursday, 23 October, 2008 16:31 +0100 Alexey Melnikov
<alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com> wrote:

Any chance that someone could get motivated to generate an
I-D, with these documentation weaknesses fixed, and move it
toward Draft Standard?   Certainly there are a sufficient
number of interoperable implementations to meet that
particular requirement.

I was trying to encourage Paul Hoffman to update STARTTLS when
I was updating SMTP AUTH.
I think we might have a critical mass now.

I can certainly help to review changes. But I don't have much
cycles to [co-]edit a new document before Minneapolis.

I was thinking less about "before Minneapolis" (although that
would be great) but about general efforts to get a bunch of
these email documents clarified, tightened up, and advanced
toward full standard.   If we need an excuse, the sorts of
perceived ambiguity, black magic/oral tradition, etc., that this
thread seems to have turned up should probably provide it.

Which remind me... Tony, I don't think I've seen a charter for
the consolidated "advance documents" effort.  Is it stalled for
some reason or just slipping toward the "few cycles" cracks?