Re: Email System Model

2009-05-21 11:15:34

Alessandro Vesely wrote:

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

Externally administered backup MXes run into backscattering because
they don't maintain a copy of the users database.

Some don't, many do.

Hm... would you expand on that, please? I browsed a few backup MX providers (DydDNS, ZoneEdit and Mailfail) and saw no evidence that they do.

So therefore it doesn't exist.... hmmmmmm...

Some hosting system do or did more so in the past to provide service to smaller SMTP operators. We provide an export utility for our SMTP operators who want to have a secondary host, MX Backup and/or a AVS MX relay at some host. It recreates the valid email names as it would apply to a connecting SMTP client to one of our SMTP servers during the RCPT validation check.

An example is:

    http://www.virtualconnect.net/

which has a specifications and format to help automate a process of creating an export or update and emailing it to them. Our utility uses them as an example using a email template to send the a new list or updated names.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com