Re: Abort data transfer?

2009-10-21 05:45:06

John Levine writes:
This doesn't deal with the case where the data never stops.

In all the years I've been running mail servers, I don't ever recall seeing a sender that never stopped. How often have you seen one?

Once. A windows box in the UAE, if I remember correctly. It connected, sent MAIL FROM and RCP TO, got a 50x, disconnected, and tried again five minutes later. When I noticed it, it had been doing so for as long as I had logs, probably 99 weeks.

On one hand, it was extremely irritating once I was aware of it. On the other, I didn't exactly notice it at once ;)

Arnt