Re: Returning Details about Spam Evaluation when Rejecting Spam

2009-11-27 18:04:25

--On Friday, November 27, 2009 4:36 PM -0600 Arvel Hathcock <arvel(_dot_)hathcock(_at_)altn(_dot_)com> wrote:

This took the words right out of my own mouth.  I agree 100%.
But, it's very difficult to convince many email server admins
(whom are known around here by the term "customer") of what
John said so we don't do it in our mail server.

And, that, of course, is why one ships software with optional settings and configuration arrangements so that those who are wise enough to follow the argument can do what you would recommend and those pesky "customers" can do what they think best. The gains (or losses) have got to be much more serious than in this case to justify telling a customer (or other flavor of luser) that they can't do what they think is necessary. I think the experience of most of us is that they often gradually come around, often after hearing from _their_ customers, but that is no comfort in the shorter run.

   john