Re: blacklisting backscatter

2010-04-10 18:56:51

+1

--On Saturday, April 10, 2010 17:38 +0200 Arnt Gulbrandsen
<arnt(_at_)gulbrandsen(_dot_)priv(_dot_)no> wrote:

On 04/10/2010 03:33 PM, John Leslie wrote:
    What do folks think of

http://www.backscatterer.org/?target=backscatter

Well, I consider myself moderately clueful, and I'm aware of
the problem, and I use good software. And even so, I cause
some backscatter. (The postfix-etcetera setups I look after
use _mostly_ SMTP-level rejections, but not _exclusively_.)

 From this I infer that even clueful people can and do cause
backscatter.

So, I venture to suggest that while operating a backscatter
blacklist may be possible, doing it _well_ will be very, very
difficult.

Arnt