Re: Comments on: draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-02

2011-07-13 07:10:42

On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Bill McQuillan wrote:

A value of 0 indicates an email from a client/network not
supporting priorities or intended to be sent to such a server/
network; this is the same as not specifying the PRIORITY
parameter.

The possibility that I might want to send a priority 0 (normal)
message FROM a conforming system TO a conforming system seems not
to be considered.

ok.  It will be easy to add text and stating up front that a value of zero, by
default, indicates "normal".  And then add the existing caveats.  And by
"normal", I assume that we are in agreement that this describes the best effort
service model that exists today as if the proposed extension never existed.

-ken