Re: The purpose of QUIT

2011-08-28 18:57:17

--On Sunday, August 28, 2011 19:17 -0400 "Robert A. Rosenberg"
<hal9001(_at_)panix(_dot_)com> wrote:

While I do not know DRUMS reason, I can think of one reason to
require the QUIT. It signals that the client is done and has
received all of its mail and has logged all of them. If I
remember correctly the deletes of mail sent from the server to
the client un response to the client's DEL commands is
performed when the QUIT is received by the Server not as each
DEL is received. If the connection drops before that, the
deletes will not occur and the messages will be offered again
at the next connection.

This sounds like you are talking about POP3 and not SMTP.