RE: The anti-abuse rDNS check that FTP gave up

2011-10-05 10:23:18

Murray S. Kucherawy <msk(_at_)cloudmark(_dot_)com> wrote:

I generally agree, but implementing it on my small site with only a
handful of users did lead to a number of false positive complaints that
then needed to be handled.

I haven't deployed this check myself, but I understand that it is fairly
common for MXs to require the existence of reverse DNS but not require
that it is valid. For example AOL has done this for many years.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea, Shannon: Southwest veering west 5 to 7,