Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-11 07:17:39

On Oct 11, 2011, at 7:43 AM, Hector wrote:

I think someone should take up the effort to begin/draft an GreyList BCP for
systems to follow.

Comments?

I'm not sure that it's worth the trouble.   The whole point of greylisting is
to marginalize naive client implementations on the assumption (largely valid to
this point) that they're likely to be spambots.   But I expect that spambots
will start to deal with greylisting very soon.  If IETF were to document
greylisting it would only accelerate that process.

Keith