Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-11 10:53:27

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 08:06:16AM -0400,
 Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 12 lines which said:

But I expect that spambots will start to deal with greylisting very
soon.

I here that since I use greylisting (and I started many years ago,
with people saying "it will work only for a few months"). Repeating
this mantra does not make it true.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:59:28PM -0000,
 John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote
 a message of 12 lines which said:

My logs don't show any recent increase in greylisting.

Same thing for me. This is probably the reason why spammers do not
adapt: few people are using greylisting.

--
To escape the bear, you do not need to run faster than the bear, just
to run faster than your friends.