Re: We need an IETF BCP for GREY LISTING

2011-10-19 09:22:08

On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Rosenwald, Jordan wrote:

That RFC 5782 isn't on standards track is actually a disgrace on the
IETF side of "non-research".

That RFC 5782 was published at all is a disgrace.  Blacklists based on IP
addresses are an abomination, and DNS is a lousy mechanism for distributing
them.

Keith

Respectfully, but completely disagree.  Show me a better, less expensive,
more effective mechanism.

mechanism for what?  for dropping legitimate mail, based on data that is often
irrelevant,  without any accountability?  I don't know that we need a better
mechanism for that.

Keith