Re: Any interest in rigorous definition for SSL certificate verification in SMTP?

2011-11-14 17:31:40
SM wrote:

At 01:34 AM 11/14/2011, Dave CROCKER wrote:
what's the purpose? what problem is this intended to solve? how prevalent is that problem now?

There was a discussion about this subject a year ago ( it may be related to http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yam/current/msg00420.html ).

That's client verification, a worthy topic for sure, and one I'm going to be deep-diving into soon. But different from the problem I was thinking of at the moment.

I vaguely recall some discussion about SSL certificate verification. See RFC 6125 as well.

Right, until proven otherwise, RFC 6125 was what I was looking for.

   % ls /srv/docs/internet/rfc6???.txt
   ls: No match.

Doh.

<csg>