Re: V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai: Inventor of e-mail honored by Smithsonian

2012-02-28 11:37:29

On 2/28/2012 9:11 AM, Paul Smith wrote:

OK, I was wrong - but I've never seen a BCC handled in that way before... I've
sometimes received messages with a 'BCC' field containing addresses who were NOT
me (ie I shouldn't have known they existed), and most MUAs I've seen (in fact,
all those I've investigated fully) just list those recipients in the envelope
for a single copy of the message. So, I've never seen a BCC field in a message
header, used 'correctly'.

We have never really standardized BCC as an end-to-end construct, at the MUA-MUA level.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking