Re: V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai: Inventor of e-mail honored by Smithsonian

2012-02-28 20:13:10

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
... but as it happens there is a pretty clear and simple model for
the semantics that attach to bcc. We didn't come up with it - in fact it goes all the way back to typewriters and hand manipulation of copies and the carbons
between them - but it's a model nevertheless. And many if not most of the
technical details of how you implement this stuff follow directly from this
model.

X.400 documented this pretty clearly. If we're going to discuss a model for Internet Mail, it'd be worth at least using that as a starting point.

<csg>