Re: "proper" handling of BCC

2012-04-17 12:12:17

FWIW and in case the clarification is needed, I am in complete
agreement with Dave's analysis and comments.

Interestingly, before we formalized the role of MSAs with RFC
2476, I was using almost exactly the same terminology and
distinction about MTAs performing MUA functions that appear in
Dave's note (I believe he has been using it at least equally
long).  Since we started talking about MSAs, I've gotten a bit
more sloppy because both the SMTP and MSA docs assume that they
can perform MUA functions.  This discussion probably illustrates
that original distinction is worth retaining.

   john

--On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 07:40 -0700 Dave Crocker