Re: [ietf-smtp] Reject messages on backup mail exchangers when primary MX is online

2013-02-23 15:03:14
Hi Alex,

Still maybe the "let the backup MX act as an SMTP proxy to the primary
MX when the primary MX is online" idea is useful, as is the idea to deny
backup MX use in some cases, but all of you convinced me that this
should not be in a standard.

it has been a while since I looked at this, so maybe my memory is
blurred and wrong, but have a look at postfix

Thanks. One could set up a Nginx SMTP proxy with XCLIENT turned on, and
use Postfix with XCLIENT support. Looks promising.

Evert