Re: [ietf-smtp] Submission DATA reply to indicate auto-save

2013-04-11 01:28:34
Hi Timo,
At 16:33 10-04-2013, Timo Sirainen wrote:
Not really. I've seen some random mails that GMail doesn't do any duplicate prevention, but somehow I thought it there would be something.. at least in theory there could be.

Their recommendation is for the mail client not to save sent messages to the (IMAP) server.

My understanding is that most email clients first send the message to submission server, and only after that is successful they are saved to Sent mailbox via IMAP APPEND. My whole auto-save-flag idea relies on that..

The idea of suppressing the IMAP APPEND may work. I would not suggest doing it as it can affect other functionality that is not currently available.

Regards,
-sm