Re: [ietf-smtp] BCP or similar on list validation by partial SMTP session

2013-09-23 08:29:58
Some mailers attempt to clean their address lists by going through the
list and doing EHLO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, and dropping the ones where
the RCPT TO fails.

We all know why this is abusive, and why it doesn't work (greylisting,
wildcards, reject after data, etc.) but is that written down anywhere?

If it is, it's not in a place that's easy to find.

But much as I think it is bad practise, do we really all 'know' this, as
you suggest?

Well, there are clearly some listwashers who are trying very hard not
to know it.  That's why it'd be nice if there were something we could
point to.

R's,
John