Re: [ietf-smtp] BCP or similar on list validation by partial SMTP session

2013-09-24 19:15:34
Well, there are clearly some listwashers who are trying very hard not
to know it.  That's why it'd be nice if there were something we could
point to.

Mayhaps you're referring to the "Email Validation: Pros and Cons" session at the San Francisco MAAWG?

Sort of, if the advice there were written down in a public place.

(Yes, I believe some of the panel were honestly looking for mechanisms to identify bad actors, not mechanisms for cleaning lists.)

Sometimes you just can't have everything you want.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",