Re: [ietf-smtp] Per-Recipient Data Responses

2014-03-10 11:41:43
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<superuser(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>wrote:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Дилян Палаузов
<dilyan(_dot_)palauzov(_at_)aegee(_dot_)org>wrote:

However, I would be glad if somebody contributes to Sendmail to extend
the milter-side/API, so that one can send over it arbitrary responses after
data-end and my milter just uses that API instead of me trying to hack
sendmail.

I could swear that was made available as part of milter as an FFR, but
maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe I just saw a patch that never got adopted and
released.

Either way, it's come up enough times over the years that maybe it's time
to at least publish the spec.

I reached out to the author last week to ask if he'd like to work on it
through to publication, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Does this group have enough interest and commitment to pursue it?  Sounds
like at least Ned is interested in implementation for the sake of
experimentation (he should certainly correct me if I'm wrong), a patch
exists for sendmail, and exim already has it as an experimental option.

-MSK