Re: [ietf-smtp] Anti-spam - paid network

2015-12-03 17:11:33
On 12/3/2015 12:24 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
While I agree with you (and John Levine) that there is almost no
chance of this working, I think Jacob's very considerable
contributions in areas of messaging and online discussions
justify, perhaps even require, being somewhat less dismissive.

It has /no/ chance of working.

It is a very old, very tired, very failed, and long-dismissed approach.

The proposal reflected no sense of the topic's history and demonstrated
no sense of the challenges.

Yet the proposal asserted simplistic 'certitude' not curiosity-driven
'exploration'.

Given how wasteful posting such a proposal is, my response was arguably
more polite than warranted, not less.  And while the poster's background
shouldn't matter, in this case it would have justified even less
politeness...

d/

--
Dave Crocker