Re: [ietf-smtp] Anti-spam - paid network

2015-12-03 17:25:48
On 12/3/2015 12:24 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
While I agree with you (and John Levine) that there is almost no
chance of this working, I think Jacob's very considerable
contributions in areas of messaging and online discussions
justify, perhaps even require, being somewhat less dismissive.

Nobody's stopping him from building this and trying to make money off
of it. He's free to try to convince others to do it. But, stopping
this from getting a hearing here, is, IMHO, the correct thing to do.

It describes a scheme flawed to the point of being a non-starter, nor
is it even clear why this (IETF) would be the mechanism to define and
recruit support for such a thing. In 2015, design of anything used to
transmit money or payments or consideration would likely need
involvement from key financial sector stakeholders looking to define
that specification. Anything less than that is just some random,
uninvolved person wondering "What if?" Perhaps a neat idea for a
research paper, but not very useful for this forum.

Regards,
Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson - Minneapolis - (312) 275-0130
Simple DNS Tools since 2008: xnnd.com