Re: [ietf-smtp] Well Known Bad Anti-spam Idea - paid network

2015-12-03 13:13:27
On 12/3/2015 5:44 AM, Jacob Palme wrote:
I think that the only workable method of getting rid of spam is to charge
the sender of messages a price of perhaps 0.10
$/recipient for sending messages.

There are many approaches to solving spam that will work quite
effectively, if only they were able to work at all.

Your view is one of many that is oft-repeated, very appealing, and
entirely unworkable in the current real-world.

As such proposals always warrant, please carefully review Cory
Doctorow's famous checklist:

    http://craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt

For more details, see this white paper I wrote.

It's ten years old but nothing of importance has changed other than
that you might add the occasional extra zero to orders of magnitude.

http://www.taugh.com/epostage.pdf

R's,
John