Re: [ietf-smtp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-fenton-smtp-require-tls-00.txt

2016-01-10 19:37:14
In article <5692DAE2(_dot_)2050107(_at_)bluepopcorn(_dot_)net> you write:
-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-

Below is the announcement of a draft I just submitted that may be of
interest to this list. The approach here is complementary to the other
proposals I have seen along these lines (e.g., smtp-sts).

Thoughts, reviews, etc. welcomed.

Interesting idea.  I implemented it on my server mail1.iecc.com.

R's,
John

PS: Of course, there's no way you can tell whether it'll actually do
anything different if you set requiretls.  The inability to detect,
much less penalize, lying strikes me as a problem.