Re: [ietf-smtp] SPF DNS query limits

2016-05-25 03:38:26
On 24/05/2016 17:59, Carl S. Gutekunst wrote:
On 05/24/2016 01:32 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
Just as a matter of interest - wouldn't it be worth them using macros in their includes? eg 'include:%{i4r}.spf.ebay.com'. This could cut down drastically on the level of nesting.

In my experience, SPF macros are not well/reliably supported across proprietary implementations.
Wow, really? That's like saying 'we support IMAP4, but not the SEARCH command' and not expecting any problems.

Interesting, (since Mandrill's Ts&Cs changed) we've started using SparkPost for transactional email. Their SPF record is (a) "bad" because it uses ptr which is now deprecated, and (b) uses macros (albeit in exists, not include):

v=spf1 exists:%{i}._spf.sparkpostmail.com ptr:sparkpostmail.com ptr:spmta.com ~all