Re: [ietf-smtp] Rfc5782bis?

2019-01-14 09:25:47
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
What sort of TXT does that dnsbl serve?  Zen.spamhaus.org returns just A
records whether I ask for A or for ANY.  If I ask for TXT, they return http
URLs that I could have synthesized myself from their A's.  So, yes, a server
who asks ANY or TXT to spamhaus is poorly coded/configured.

The same kind of synthesized ones that spamhaus does, because they both use rbldnsd.

If you want A records, ask for A records. If you want TXT records, ask for TXT records. If you want both, ask for one and then the other, which is what my DNSBL client does. If you want unreliable junk, ask for ANY.

Regards,