[ietf-smtp] oh, you want to sumbit faster, was [Proposal] confusing

2019-01-17 12:51:51
In article <01R238XJND6O00004L(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>,
Ned Freed  <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:
As for BINARYMIME, we implemented that for SUBMIT in 2012 due to a couple of
customer requests. As I explained previously, our view is that BINARYMIME makes
sense for SUBMIT because it is far more common for it to be
bandwidth-constained than SMTP transfers, and transcoding is acceptable at
submit time.

Sounds to me like it's time for STARTGZIP, preferably after STARTTLS.
It squeezes out the redundancy in base64 pretty well.

R's,
John