Re: [ietf-smtp] How to encrypt SMTP?

2019-10-26 19:26:09
In article
<037312D9-E9DD-464C-89D3-036786456119(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> you
write:
Yes but IMO we should be moving toward a world in which TLS is mandatory for
SMTP relay.    Clear guidance to implementors
and operators on what TLS versions, cert algorithms, and ciphersuites a client
and server should support, might help us get there.

I don't think that's the problem.  I don't see any SMTP TLS failures other than
from spambots.

(perhaps as a stepping stone, cleartext mail relay could be pessimized ...

We already have mta-sts, which says that cleartext is forbidden for
the domains it's published for.  Why reinvent another wheel?

R's,
John