Re: [ietf-smtp] How to encrypt SMTP?

2019-10-26 20:17:54
In article
<ee3b3211-a0be-b6f3-b551-0027fcea63c4(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> you
write:
I believe it's the same reason that Google doesn't sign their domains
with DNSSEC.  They certainly could if they wanted to.

Nor sure I get the analogy.   AFAIK if Google signed their domains, the
only things that would break would be broken DNS clients/resolvers doing
verification, which would hopefully be few in number.

I gather that the number of ways that middleboxes can screw up the DNS
is far greater than we can imagine.  And getting people to fix it is not
easy since "the box works fine" and DNS works fine, too.