Re: [ietf-smtp] Proposal: Updating VERP Specification

2019-12-09 13:04:17
On 12/6/19 1:05 PM, Hector Santos wrote:

I would like to suggest that this be updated to current operational considerations and RFC5321 limits, including exploring the addition of using an encryption method, i.e. TripleDES or AES, to possibly reduce and help keep VERP-encoded addresses sizes within the SMTP address limits.

I'm at a loss to understand how encryption can reduce address sizes.    Hashing, yes.  Compression, yes.   But not encryption.

Keith