Re: [ietf-smtp] Reducing minimum recipient limit?

2019-12-16 10:39:14
Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would like a requirement that servers must not reject the entire
message if there are up to 100 RCPTs even if the server returns 452
for some of them. Senders can then pipeline safely.

First, even if such a requirement was acceptable - and I think there are
cases, such as an address list including a honeypot address - that make it
unacceptable -

Sorry, I should have said "must not reject the whole message just because
of the number of recipients". I don't think this needs any signalling:
it's just to clarify the interoperability criteria for the existing 100
recipient rule.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Southeast Dogger, Fisher, German Bight, Humber: Southwesterly 5 to 7, becoming