Re: [ietf-smtp] IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

2019-12-25 00:15:11
On 12/25/19 12:11 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

At the risk of saying something that some will
construe as political, while I understand the need for spam
filtering at or near the recipient end of the mail flow, I fear
that we are not doing ourselves or the Internet any favors by
getting incrementally better at it.  In the current model, the
higher a percentage of spam we intercept at the receiver end and
prevent from reaching the user, the more the spammers have
incentive to increase their output volume as well as their
technology for bypassing our filters.

I certainly agree with this much.

Keith