Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible cont4ibution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2019-12-29 16:30:58
In article
<CALaySJKn4M_O1eKTFWxtOF_VPpqDS8fPQVqmtVC6q8_pUxL9RA(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>
 you write:
I'd like to see us then address some of these other issues in a
separate document, which can go out as BCP or Proposed Standard
(applicability statement) -- and there are other options as well --
that would aim to give normative advice about these sorts of things
but that is not part of the Internet-Standard level spec at this
point.

Is there substantial objection to taking that approach?

Sounds good to me, keeping in mind that the putative goal of a
standard is to tell people how to interoperate with everyone else.

R's,
John