Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible cont4ibution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2019-12-29 20:44:28
On 12/29/19 9:31 PM, John R Levine wrote:

So they're not subject to outside scrutiny.  No wonder email delivery is so unreliable.

Aw, come on.  They have a billion users who vote with their feet if they're unhappy.

Sure, because changing email addresses (or services, for those who have their own domain names) is easy for everyone.

But yes, my response was a bit flippant. I do acknowledge that there's a kind of expertise that people who deal with large volumes of traffic on a daily basis, have, that others generally do not have.

Nothing personal but I cannot imagine why someone running a large mail system would care what you or I thought of their filtering scheme.  They have way more data than we will ever have.

I'd be curious as to their measurement methods, but I suppose those are also kept secret.

Keith