Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible cont4ibution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2019-12-29 19:30:47
In article
<a6e057fd-fd38-3fc1-c1c3-ce750d15d06f(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> you
write:
IMO most of the spam-filtering criteria I've seen are countermeasures
for short-term, local, and/or ephemeral conditions. ...

I'm guessing that the spam filtering criteria you're describing bear
little resemblance to the stuff we talk about at places like M3AAWG
with people who run systems that filter billions messages a day every
day.  One of the reasons we can talk about them at M3AAWG is of course
that the discussions there are not public.

I do agree that we should leave out advice on spam filtering other
than perhaps the obvious observation that without some kind of
filtering, recipient mailboxes are too full of spam to be usable.

R's,
John