Re: [ietf-smtp] SMTP Reply code 1yz Positive Preliminary reply

2020-03-06 03:09:00
On 06/03/2020 02:45, Hector Santos wrote:
John K, regarding the Timeouts, I was more facetious than serious here. However, there are situations we already talked about in the past. We could highlight some of them, but I believe the main one was the 5 mins after the transaction was completed and a RSET/MAIL can start a new transaction.

I thought the main one was with delays after the the terminating '.', where the client is meant to wait 10 minutes for the server acknowledgement, but usually gives up a lot sooner than that, leading to duplicate messages.

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe