Re: [ietf-smtp] return-path vs delivered-to, was New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-deliveredto-00.txt

2021-02-15 15:19:15
8.  IANA Considerations
   In addition, if additional trace header fields (i.e., in addition to
   Return-path and Received) are ever created, those trace fields MUST
   be added to the IANA registry established by BCP 90 (RFC 3864) [11]
   for use with RFC 5322 [4].

oops.

RFC 8601 says that Authentication-Results is a trace field. Should we file an erratum?

Or perhaps this is just the kind of additional trace header that the paragraph above contemplates.

I agree that it is unfortunate that 5321 says there can be new trace headers and 5322 doesn't, but that just tells us that 8601 should have updated the ABNF in 5322, as should this draft.

Regards,