Re: [ietf-smtp] CHUNKING and PIPELINING

2021-03-13 12:56:22
On Fri, 12 Mar 2021, Gene Hightower wrote:
Feeling that I wanted to keep up with the kewl kids, I added BDAT to
my SMTP server and looked at the logs.

Oh the slippery slope: what's next? BINARYMIME? :-)

Funny you sould ask. My MTA runs on a BSD system where the line endings are \n, so it turns \r\n into \n on the way in and reverses is on the way out. For BINARYMIME I'd have to parse the body on the fly and only strip \r when it's not in a binary body part. That is more code than I feel like writing this year.

I see that Outlook does BINARYMIME but Gmail doesn't. I'm with Gmail here.

Regards,