Re: [ietf-smtp] Should we update an RFC if people refuse to implement parts of it ?

2021-05-25 21:46:00
It appears that John C Klensin  <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> said:
The other reasons, and the more important ones, are completely
pragmatic.  First, given the heavy dependencies of the SMTPUTF8
documents on RFCs 5321 and 5322 and that the latter are being
revised, I think it would not be helpful to revises the SMTPUTF8
documents until after we have finished with the revisions of the
base documents. ....

Oh, absolutely.  If it seemed like I wanted to revise 6531 right now,
I don't.  It was more about is it worth making a list of things we
might want to revise later.