Re: [ietf-smtp] DKIM and DMARC, Email explained from first principles

2021-05-26 10:41:24
Dave Crocker writes:

That was definitely true at one point. Based on today's numbers that I looked at the mainstream adoption of DKIM sadly diluted its early value as a spam indicator, ironically.

You seem to have fixated on using the existence of a signature as indicating goodness or badness. Since it isn't intended to do that, please stop casting the issue in terms of whether it accomplishes that.

I understand, very well, what the intent of DKIM is.

However, it is what it is. If I observe what the practical reality of the past or current usage of DKIM is, then this speaks for itself.