Re: [ietf-smtp] sm8: bogus SMTPUTF8?

2021-06-17 00:29:55
On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, John Levine wrote:

Good thinking, but I got rid of the shim, typed a test message with the Mail
command, same result:

Obviously something is different on your system compared to my basic
test setup - and without all the necessary info I guess nobody will
be able to reproduce this.

Maybe you could do some debugging:
sendmail -v ...
to see what's going on
and set the DeliveryMode of the sendmail daemon to 'q'
so you can check what's in the queue file?

Perhaps the A-labels in the domain name are confusing it?

No. See the fine code (as pointed out before):
it looks for non-ASCII chars.