Re: [ietf-smtp] Discussion about draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header

2022-01-19 12:53:05
On Sat 15/Jan/2022 03:22:54 +0100 John Levine wrote:
  [ redirected from the dispatch list ]

I want to introduce you my email-related draft "Complaint Feedback Loop
Address Header" which can be found @
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-benecke-cfbl-address-header/.
The intention of this draft is to have documented, standardized and
automated way to provide a so called complaint feedback loop address to
mailbox providers.

I'd be curious about some details of that I-D.

For one, why do all the exemplified DKIM signatures sign the Content-Type? It is not among the recommended fields of Section 5.4.1 of RFC6376, unless using l=.

It is not clear how to obtain the double DKIM signature. Since the examples show no selectors, it is unclear if super-saas-mailer publishes various keys, one for each authorized sender.

The practice to redact information could be mentioned.

Why shouldn't messages automatically filtered to the Junk folder be reported? Isn't it interesting?

Best
Ale