Re: Parameters for top-level XML media types?

1999-05-06 19:26:14
At 11:05 AM 5/7/99 +0900, MURATA Makoto wrote:
We have agreed that generic XML processors cannot do anything useful.

In my mail "What we have agreed on" , I wrote:

     3. Fallback to general-purpose XML applications is not useful.

snip

If these are agreed on, we can eliminate some options and concentrate on
the rest.

If you disagree with these four points, please speak up now.

Fine, then.  If you'd like to end the argument with "you should have spoken
up earlier", you're welcome to continue.

Unfortunately, 'Generic XML processors cannot do anything useful' is not true.

Generic XML search engines are indeed a possibiliy.  Generic XML browsers
already exist.  Generic XML editors are arriving as well.  If they aren't
useful, that's really quite unfortunate.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (June)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com