RE: Application-specific media types

1999-05-08 00:31:38
Within the media type text/xhtml, I expect that the W3C will define
additional parameters that can help user agents interpret the contents
of the resource more readily from the envelope. However, as with
text/html, that is the W3C's problem to deal with.

The optional and required parameters need to be specified when
the media type is registered.

Wouldn't application/xhtml be more appropriate? I know we've had
text/html in the past, but that was in a fit of fantasy that
someone could actually _read_ HTML as if it were text.

Larry