Re: Meida types and stylesheet linking

2000-03-22 10:03:16

MURATA Makoto wrote:

In message "Re: Meida types and stylesheet linking",
Chris Lilley wrote...
 >The media type is being used as a
 >label. But it is not being used as a value for the Content-Type mail or
 >HTTP header, so is not asserting that the entire resource is of this type.

Historically, HTML has (ab)used media types even when no MIME entities are
involved.  For example, embedded stylesheets represented by <style> of
HTML always have media types.

Can you point me to some documentation that says that this usage of a MIME
type label, outside of a content-type header, is somehow invalid or
incorrect?

--
Chris