Re: Question on status of '+xml' notation

2001-10-29 21:39:04

* Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
Hi folks,

The W3C XML Protocol WG is wondering what the status of the "+xml"
suffix given that various W3C recommendations that have come out after
the RFC rolled out seem to make any of the three choices:

      * don't use "+xml"
      * use "+xml"
      * don't say anything about MIME

We would very much appreciate input on what the deployment status is of
RFC 3023. Note that we are not asking the status of the document itself
but rather the adoption rate in specs and apps.

SVG and XHTML have adopted the +xml suffix, the application/xhtml+xml
MIME Type registration is in Last Call and the SVG 1.0 recommendation
defines image/svg+xml, registration has not started yet, but it's very
unlikely that a different MIME Type will be registered. I am not aware
of any post-RFC 3023 MIME Type registration, where the +xml suffix has
not been used, at least not in the IETF tree.

HTH,
--
Björn Höhrmann { mailto:bjoern(_at_)hoehrmann(_dot_)de }
http://www.bjoernsworld.de