Re: proposed media type registration: application/voicexml+xml

2003-12-16 16:19:12

Hello Linus,

At 23:43 03/12/16 +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
tis 2003-12-16 klockan 22.32 skrev Martin Duerst:

> I just by chance realized that you had removed the 'charset'
> parameter from the registration for application/voicexml+xml,
> and also for application/ssml+xml. I have found something similar
> in other recent registration proposals.

Now, wait a second here.

Now there is Martin Duerst from W3.org telling us that we must
indeed include a "charset" parameter with our foo/bar+xml
MIME transport types.

Then there is Chris Lilley of the same W3.org telling us *repeatedly*
to remove it:

First, we are on an IETF list, which means that we are all acting
as concerned individuals, and that we are mainly interested in
getting the best possible solution.

Now, I've been trusting Chris up til now, simply because he
represents W3.org.

You are of course welcome to run your internal disputes on the
issue on these lists if you like, but when you're already at the
same organizational body, could you *PLEASE* book an internal meeting
and try to formulate a consensus from the W3.org side on how you
think this thing should be handled? After all, you invented XML.

Sorry I forgot to mention it, but Chris and me actually had such a
'meeting' last week, and the email I wrote was the result of this
(and a phone call with Max).

Regards,      Martin.